Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
banker

Omron CJ2

42 posts in this topic

Welcome to the forum Automation... There was no need to apologise mate... we're all to happy to educate...

... Great, CJ2 looks like a good step - funny though, down here in NZ we are still being supplied with the odd V3 CJ1!. DM and EM bit adressing will make life easy. Ethernet I/P will be good too - I recently commissioned a CJ1 system using the EIP21 unit. It worked great with Beckhoff I/O and Altivar VSD's distributed on Ethernet I/P. When will Omron release the Smart-Slice with Ethernet I/P ?? and what about some VSD's ... ?? Hope the CP1 series is upgraded with all the latest features ... at this stage they are only the equivalent of a V3 CJ1, which means we can't run our V4 function blocks on a CP Nibroc

I don't think there will be any SmartSlice Coupler with EIP, at least not in a long time. But they are soon comming with ProfiNet Couplers!

FYI, I saw the ProfiNet Slice coupler and ProfiNet master at Hanover fair in April, and FDT Roadshow in May - all working !! Bertie Edited by Berti Baker

Official information and images: http://www.omron.com/media/press/2008/06/i0620.html New CX-One v3.0 ??? In Europe we already have v3.0x for months, and CJ2 doesn't program. Will we have an only version of CX-One for everybody?

We are on version 2.12? in Ozz. Probably version 3 refers to what appears to be available in the rest of the world. When we install for Asia-Pacific CX-One does not install Trajexia Tools and 1 other program. They appear to be only for Europe at this stage.

I think that is correct, yes. I am using CX-One V3, which includes CX-Programmer V7.2, CX-Server V3.1 and no support for the CJ2. Got to say, I find it very strange that there should be this disparity between versions around the world, very confusing. Come on Omron, sort it out! Andy.

With all the latest updates I am running CX-P 7.3 and CX-S 3.2. Integrator is 2.2. As I mentioned, there is a major upgrade to include the new PLCs. My information is that 1t will be a chargeable upgrade.

It will also support redundant IO-Controllers I think the release date is in october

Hello All, I believe that this is what's going to happen... The release is due to be called v3.0x - GLOBALY!!! Upgrading... This is my current understanding - In Europe (because we had to pay for v3.0 - the SFC stuff and all that) it will be available as an upgrade. The rest of the world will pay for the update (because you got v2.xx as a freebie back then!). This now puts everyone on a nice even keel. What happens after that...??? Anyones guess!

On the Omron press release about the CJ2, it says: "Errors reduced when modifying designs because tags are used for actual I/O and internal I/O, eliminating the need for address allocation..." Is this something new? Or is it referring to the way you can change an address of a symbol in the symbol table, and it automatically changes all the occurrences of that address in the program? (I love that, by the way!) Andy.

In Europe, from this week, we can discharge a new upgrade of CX-One v3.01. http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=14633 CJ2 already comes out in CX-Prog. v8.0 , but to buy it................ Will we have a CX-One v3.1 for everybody? Please Omron, please

Hello Automation, see my post above. I believe that the product will be called 3.0x. This will be a Global release.

We have waited! But the situation with position control (Pulse I/O, Synchronous Unit Operation...) is not clear...