Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimJ11

RSView 32

1 post in this topic

I am using RSView Studio ME Edition, V 4.00.00, (CPR 7), Build 60. I have two similar filling lines that use Ethernet for communications from an SLC 5/05 to a 6" Panelview Color Touchscreen each. They are independent networks, they are not connected together, although the IP addresses are identical for each line. Whenever I need to change lines, that is, move my laptop from one line to the other it becomes an ordeal. The PLC's usually connect right away. It takes a day to finally get my laptop to communicate to the Panelview so that I can download edited programs. I usually have to fiddle with things so much to get it to work, that I can never remember the 'silver bullet' that makes it work. The processor names and program names are similar (text is identical but numerics are different). This last time I tried to connect to the Panelview to repair a non-functioning pushbutton, I couldn't connect at all. I can bring the display up in RSView editor, but when I click the 'Test Display' button I get question marks for numerics and errors on the graphics. The diagnostic window displays these messages for each tag, for example: "The item '::[processorname]N7:54' does not exist on any server." When I look at the Communications Tab it shows the correct Ethernet network and displays the PLC and Panelview in the tree with the correct IP addresses. When I go to the communication set up part of the project tree it shows the short cut with the same name as the processor in the local window, and in the target window. Both windows also show the correct IP addresses. In the past I tried using the Transfer Utility to download the program anyway, but this is a big mistake. The Panelview will display the same thing that the test display does, question marks and errors. I have gone through manuals, (viewme-um004_-en-e.pdf) and (RSView 32 Runtime Users Guide, RSView 32 Users Guide, RSView 32 Supervisory Edition Users Guide, and RSView 32 Machine Edition Users Guide) but cannot find anything that pertains to the specific diagnostic messages I see. I have not had 'official' training in RSView but have learned what I know by experimentation. Am I missing something in setting up the networks, or anywhere else in the programs? The machines are functioning and the networks are functioning, so I don't think I missed something in setting up the networks. I only have this problem when I need to edit displays in the Panelview.