Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Glenikins

Viewing an old PLC-3 Application

6 posts in this topic

Hi there, I have a set of files from a PLC-3 application which I need to view: .ACH - archive file .XD$ - cross-reference file .X0$ - cross-reference file .B2$ - cross-reference file .TTL - title file for documentation I have a copy of the 6200 Series PLC-3 programming software for MS-DOS (release 3.02). I have so far been unable to convert the archive file into a format that this software can view offline (which I believe is a .AF3 format). Can anyone help? Thanks & Regards, Glen

I just tried opening up one of my PLC3 (6200-PLC3 v4.10.06) programs using just the files you specified. From the first screen I selected 'Offline Config' Then did a 'Fl Conv Utility' on the file & 'Convert One' this creates the .AF3 file I was then able to open the program but there were no descriptions. You need other files for the descriptions. Also, you typically do not need files ending with an .XD$ & .XD$, they are created from the other files I also tried using just the .ACH file and it converted fine(but no descriptions) below are the file extensions you should expect to see: .AC$ - I believe this is the description file .ACH .AF3 .B0$ .B1$ .B2$ .DS$ .FS$ .HIS .IX$ .LX$ .OP$ .PC$ .PHY .PS$ .TTL .XD$ .XO$ Try converting the file and look for the other file extensions so you can have descriptions. post again if you are still having issues.

Can you post the files ?

Hi there, Application files attached. Glen RCM.zip

Thanks very much for this. I've done the same as you and can now see the logic. There are no descriptions as you say, but this is still a big step!

I have been doing a lot of PLC3 stuff myself. I got your files opened in 6200 and AI as well. As others have stated, no description files are present. You should look to see if you have any other .txt files or possibly even a .fil file. The .fil files come from the old Taylor software. If you have that, it can be converted through PLC3 AI software.