Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mariuss

Help with CMP2A

17 posts in this topic

Hi, i have some problems with the COMM, I was using the TXD function and put it 1 in the control channel, and submit the program to the PLC, unfortunately i have a very unsual error, the COMM port is always on and it can't let me comunicate with the PLC in order to change the program. How could i reset the PLC and return to the factory setting, or how could solve this error?. Thanks Pd: sorry for mi bad english.

Welcome to the forum. My suggestion would be to get a CPM1-CIF01. This will allow you to connect to the plc using the peripheral port. You would use the same cable with the CPM1-CIF01. This would also allow you to communicate with the plc when it is connected to the other device. Other option would be a handheld programmer. Hope this will help.

The other thing about the CIF01, if the start up mode settings were left as Use Programming Console, then powering up with the CIF01 plugged in will automatically place the PLC into Program mode.

With a console CQM1-PRO01 rots to make a reset.

To: Automation,Sleepy Wombat , gtsuportç Thanks for all the posible solution you give me, i will try with CPM1-CIF01, and in 2 or 3 weeks (the time that take to order the new port), I let you know how was it. Thank you.

Guys, there is a simpler way to solve your problem. Omron recognized this programmer's trap and put in a switch to return the port to the original defaults.

Three cheers for Jay!!! Scary how easy it is to overlook the obvious sometimes.

Hi, i already try to use the comunication interruptor (# 13), and it did not solve my problem. Of what I understood reading the manual, I only have to changes the switch to off, I made that but anything happened, so attempt other ways to force that interruption. the step that i did was. Swicht the comunication interruptor to off turn on the PLC. Try to comunicate with my pc, result = no conection (and the COMM port still on). Swicht the comunication interruptor to off take out the batery turn on the PLC. Try to comunicate with my pc, result = no conection (and the COMM port still on). which step did I omit? . I attach a picture where you can appreciate the problem

The position of the switch should be ON (up) to return the comm port to default settings. Be sure to set your software to 9600, E,7,2.

I return the switch to on, but nothing happen, the COMM port still on, and it doesn't allow me to comunicate with the plc. (my configuration is ok, com1 9600, 7,2,E )

maybe the only thing left to try is to connect through the periferial and turn all the setup DM to #0000, then turn off and on again

Did you power the PLC down and then up again when you changed the switch? It will not work otherwise.

One other thing you could try... With the switch in the ON position, and the appropriate Omron programming cable attached to the RS232 port, use an application such as Hyperterminal or SuperMon (Download Code / Omron / Utilities) and 'listen' to see if anything is being sent out the RS232 port. (9600, 7,E,2) Even with the switch in the ON position (Hostlink, 9600, 7,E,2), I believe that the TXD instruction could send data, although it would now get the Hostlink wrapper put around it (@00 = header, *<CR> = terminator). This does not really solve your problem, but it could be another diagnostic tool.

There is no need to power the plc down and up. The best solotion in this case is to use program console or CQM1-CIF02 OR CPM1-CIF01 BUT there is An option you can try if you don't want to wait until you get those part. Disconnect the battery and power from the PLC wait one day 24hr. The memory in the Ram might be delete. trun on the power and then you would be able to use Jay advice. by turning on the switch and set 9600,7,2,E

The other option is that the port is buggered...

i think that disconect the batery for 24hr will be the best solution, until now i just disconect it for less than a 1 hour. I will try it and let you know. 48 hour of waiting, doesnt work, Well it seen that i have to wait until the CPM1-CIF01 arrives. :( Edited by Mariuss

The CPM1-CIF01 is the solution. Thanks to everybody.