Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jacandude

havin trouble with gsm messaging and communication

6 posts in this topic

i need some help i am using a cj1m -cpu11 omron plc to send messages to a gsm modem so as to send it to a cell phone. im collecting data from some analog sensors and storing these values in a memory location so that the text that is being send will contain the scaled values that were collected from the sensors, for example lets say a temperature of 50 degrees is stored in dm200 and i wanna send a text that says temperature is 50. anyway when i try to send it using the TXD command the numbers come out as some funny characters how can i over come this so that i can send numbers and text to the serial port of the cpu thanks in advance

You probably have to convert the value into ASCII characters – try using the ASC instruction (ASCII Convert), read about it in the instruction help file

If it's a V4 processor, you can use the excellent string conversion functions in ST Fbs Convert to a string: You also have the 'concat' instruction to build the string before TXD. Don't forget the TXD_CPU instruction aswell. I'm happy to come to Jamaica to help Pp Edited by ParaffinPower

check the download section, i uploaded gsm comms example ages ago. it should point u in the right direction.

thanks every body i got it to work i converted it to ascii first then i used the txd command but im gonna experiment with sleepy wombats idea

You can find the example of Sleepy wombat at http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=205 Hope that it help