Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest jthornton

Rs logix

5 posts in this topic

I am new to RSLogix. When I open the bit data table it only shows me one word B3:0. How do I get it to show more words of the bit data. I am using a 5/01 processor. I should have 256 words. Thanks

Make sure you offline. Go to the left pane, and right click on the file B3, click on properties. You should get a window there that shows something like last data or something, (sorry but I don't have RS Logix in front of me right now). Change the B3:0 to B3:255 Then you will have to download the program to the PLC. The reason they do this, is so you can control how much memory you want to use in the PLC. If you only use 10 words of B3 bits, ten make your maxium data or last word properties only B3:10. This save PLC memory space. Good Luck

Thanks so much for the info John

uhh.........if you only needed 10 words wouldnt you make the last word B3:9. :-p I'm sorry, I'm feelin kinda cocky today...

uhh.....Yeah, depends on when you start counting   If I started counting at B3:1, then ten words would be B3:10. I feel like getting cocky back...LOL... :-p (Good catch)