Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest egurv

Mitsubishi RV-M1 MoveMaster + PLC

4 posts in this topic

Hello, I am a student working on a project to connect Mitsubishi RV-M1 (MoveMaster ARM robot) to PLC. I have limited experience working with robots. In specifications sheet, It says there are two interfaces (Parallel (Centronics), serial (RS-232C)). I have to connect the robot to PLC and also to computer, in such a way that pushing few buttons programs could run using PLC's and also the new programs could be downloaded to the controller from the computer when required. How do I connect these 3 devices together? What kind of hardware I need to purchase? If you have any questions, please do let me know. Here is the link where specifications sheet can be checked. http://www.learningconcepts.net/rixan/mits.../rv_m1robot.htm So If someone can help me to get a jump start as how to begin this project, I will really appreciate that. Thank you, egur javascript:emoticon('')

I am assuming you are connecting to a mitsubishi PLC To connect the robot to the PLC, fit a C24 card (serial comms module) to the PLC, and connect the robot using the serial link. Connect your PC to the PLC using a serial cable from the PC to the programming port of the PLC (an SC-09 cable for A series or a QC20R4 cable for a Q series) You can also complete the loop by connecting the robot to the PC using the remaining centronics interface

Thank you navillusi, I apologise for not mentioning the PLC, I am using Allen Bradley Micrologix 1200 1762. Description is available at http://www.ab.com/catalogs/b113/micro1200/over.html Do I still proceed as mentioned in your previous answer? Thanks Egur

From the AB website: Thus you should be able to connect the serial link from the robot direct to the DF1 port of the PLC as long as they will both talk the same protocol. What protocol does the robot use? If you use this port you will not be able to connect your PC to it for programming and diagnostics. I would suggest that you speak to AB directly to confirm that the PLC will communicate with the robot using this port