Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crossbow

Westinghouse PLC

9 posts in this topic

I have a customer with a Westinghouse PC1200 control system which we need to backup the program out of. The customer needs to get a copy of the control logic for certification of his system. Can anyone tell me what I'll need to do this? He has another identical system with a Telemecanique TSX47 PLC, but I'm not having much luck in getting info to upload from it either.

For the TSX 47 have a look in the Modicon section.

I posted a request in the Modicon section too, and it looks like I'm not going to be able to get that program out because it requires a PC with OS2.

I think that Westinghouse is very similar to a PC900, which interfaces to a PC through a DOS program called NLSW783. That SW should be able to extract your program.

I've never worked with Westinghouse PLCs. Can you tell me where I might locate that software and a cable?

I'm looking for the Westinghouse software too. Anyone spotted it?

Chris, See if our PLC WorkShop for S5 will talk to it. Let me know. Jim - FasTrak

Reply From Mohoch Megabar I do not know much about the Westinghouse PLC however, as far as the Telemecanique TSX47 PLC you have two ways to go. You could use the XTEL Workshop and its OS/2 Warp to connect and do all sorts of things with this PLC including progarms transfer from and to the PLC (you will need a special programming cable equiped with an RS232 to Current loop converter), An alternative is to use PL7-2 or 3 DOS version I believe that they are a bit difficult to setup and you will need the same programming cable as stated previously. One word of caution the TS47 is very old and no longuer supported although you might find relevant information at schneider-electric website at this address (http://www.schneider-electric.com/sites/co..._function_id=18) I have myself navigated to that site and found only the newer PLCs, nonetheless you might contact them through their website to get some if any information that might help you. Good luck to you Best regards Mohoch Megabar

This topic has been dead for 3 1/2 years. The issue was dealt with long ago.