Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ToddM

Modicon Micro M984-230 users manual

11 posts in this topic

Hi Folks....I just bought a used Modicon Micro M984-230 PLC from E-bay to play around with and am trying to find a users manual in PDF format but I searched the Square D site and couldn't find it. Could someone link me to it? Also I need to know what type of programming cable I need. The PLC has 1 modbus port and I have been told that a null modem is all I need. I have demos of both the Proworx NXT and 32 to work with. As always any and all help is appreaceated. Thanks and later....Todd

The 984 230 uses a Modicon W956 cable, the same as a 984-381 through 984-785. The cable pin out should be available from Modicon or you can contact me directly.

Hi Folks...I found the pinout for the cable. (Thanks Modiconbob for the part #) I am still having trouble finding the user manual for this PLC. Also does anyone know if an input simulator card was ever available for these units? Thanks and later....Todd

Most PLCs do not offer input simulator cards, and I don't think Modicon ever did... You will have to wire up switches yourself. I will dig through some CDs I have here and try to post a few manuals.

Thanks for the info Crossbow....Looking forward to any manuals you find and post. Later....Todd

Posted some 984 and Micro manuals over the weekend. See if they help. Wasn't the 984-230 a small brown unit (part of the Compact family not the Micro family)??? If so, many Compact manuals are already in Downloads or available from www.telemecanique.com.

I don't know a lot about the Modicon line yet but here is a picture of the processor. This isn't the one I have bought but is just like it. Later....Todd

Haven't seen one of those relics around in forever. I have no manuals for that format processor, but I think the same programming manuals might apply. The Modicon Micro I know is a flat shoebox sized PLC.

http://download.telemecanique.com/Reposito...amp;c=group8~EN I see there is a student guide of about 41mb.

This unit (984-230) was produced by Modicon to replace the original "Micro-84" which was unique in all aspects. It used a special programming panel, a special program pack, and 300 series I/O which were only used on this model. It was not compatiable with any other Modicon processor or system. The "Micro 984-230" was basically a 984 type processor that used the 300 series I/O. Other than that is was just like a 984-380 etc. I could go on about this unit but most have been replaced. If you want to discuss more offline, email me at bobculley@deltaautomation.com and I can tell you more. It programs just like the "slot mount" 984s. You configure it the same way and traffic cop it using the 300 series cards. Any programming software that talks to the slot mount 984s will work on this unit. Hope this gives you some more insight.

Hi Folks....Thanks for the info everybody....I'm sure I'll have more questions later after I dig into this "relic" (LOL) Thanks and later....Todd