Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
308guru

Looking for an internal bit that can be used to pulse an output at timed intervals.

8 posts in this topic

I'm looking for something similar to a Mitsubishi command. In Mitsu programs, I've used M8013 to make an alarm pulse its output. M8013 is an internal bit that turns on/off every 1 second. There are other bits used for different time durations. Is this type of bit available in RSLinx or do I have to use a timer and create a pulsing bit? Thanks.

No bits in RSLinx as its a communication software. What processor do you have? Some have free running clocks that will work for this.

The nice thing about RSLogix is that system status is grouped in one place. Check data file S2 - free running Clock is S2:4 (higher bits turn slower).

Oops, I meand RSLogix, not RSLinx. I'll have a look. Thanks for the info.

as my distinguished colleague Mickey said, we REALLY need to know what processor you're using ... just for starters, look at bit S:23/0 for the PLC-5 family ... most SLC-5/03 processors and higher can use bit S:42/0 ... if these don't work, post again and tell us what you're working with ... incidentally, the bits mentioned by my colleague Panic Mode (also distinguished) are not available in the PLC-5 platform ... but if they're available in your system, they might do the job ... Edited by Ron Beaufort

Oops again. I meant to add that to my last post. I'm using a ML1100.

To complete that thought see pic and text below. Free Running Clock S:4 All 16 bits of this word are assessed by the controller. The value of this word is zeroed upon power up in the REM Run mode or entry into the REM Run or REM Test mode. It is incremented every 100 microseconds thereafter. RSLogix 500 - Copyright Rockwell Software 2000, 2001, 2002

Awesome! Works for me. Thanks for the help!