Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kurtmaxixa

CJ1M with database

6 posts in this topic

Hello. I am a portuguese student and i have to do a cj1m program connected to a sql database. i know how to do a program in a NS but now i have to do it on the pc because i have to read the values for the database and also for the user. Can anyone help me how to read and write values in the cj1 with the pc in visual basic or c++? thank you

you could use CX-Lite (activeX plugin), DDE, OPC, or write it yourself. The way you're thinking I would consider CX-Lite. Check with Omron if you can get a student license for CX-Lite. They should be able to giv eyou this...

but i can i do it? can you give me an example to read an address in PLC or something?

Use Host Link serial protocol from your PC to the PLC using C-Mode commands. The Omron manual W342 Communications Commands Reference Manual covers the complete message structure. Just remember to set the PLC in Monitor mode if you plan on WRITING data to the PLC.

with CX Server-lite you would have the commands to read a memory immediately. download the manual at http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=796 regards Beegee Edited by beegee

Check the omron download section for a listing and example for visual basic implementation of host link protocol.. truely excellent....