Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KidPLC

Need help with Omron programming software

29 posts in this topic

Gentlemen, we got a hit and runner !! LOL I think you did a great job and you definitely sound like the right person for such a challenge. Good luck and hopefully we can welcome you as another enthusiastic Omron user again

I know I'm coming in late on this one - What I would have done is to open the latest SysWIN program even if it doesn't match and then upload from the PLC and save it as something else. Chances are most of the comments will remain in the right place and all of the address symbols will be preserved. It's also easy to spot where the changes are as the line comments go out of phase with the code. One other thing that might help is nearly all CQM data commands work in BCD not binary. This has tripped me up several times in the early days migrating stuff from SysWIN to CXP. Edited by stevec

Appreciate your input stevec it is a good idea but the latest program that was available had maybe 10% of the addresses with symbols and absolutely zero rung comments. Of the 10% of symbol comments maybe 2% of them where actually meaningful. The easiest thing to do was to upload and go from fresh....so I did that. Apparently the original programmer had long since left the OEM and they sent a new guy up (at my companies request). He and my predecessor spent 1 and half weeks solid trying to work it out then my predecessor realised that by this time he had about as much of a clue as the OEM did so they sent him back home. My predecessor then took an additional 4 weeks and basically came up with the latest program that I described above....not much to show basically. I don't know what the hell both of those blokes where doing cos I tell ya I am no genius and it only took me a week from go to woe....my boss was having kittens when I told him what I planned to do because he was still sore about the 5 and half weeks it took last time. I am basking in my moment of glory at present ......I am sure that will be short lived though

Thanks for the update... I laugh.... ha ha ha.. you opion about your predecessor has changed since your first post to that of mine when he babled about beware the hidden memory... KidPlc you truely have "the knack".. Was the machine from Acropak... (just curious) If you need help (on site) in the future contact me via pm..