Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
poopstain

WORKMASTER INDUSTRIAL COMPUTER

9 posts in this topic

THE WORKMASTER WAS AVAILABLE IN DIFFERENT FLAVORS. IE... 1 OR 2 FLOPPY DRIVES AND 1 HARD DRIVE WITH 1 OR 2 FLOPPY DRIVES. I AM TRYING TO LOCATE SOME DOCUMENTATION THAT INDICATES THE SPECIFICATIONS BY EACH MODEL/PART NUMBER. THANKS.

I'm not sure if the documentation ever got converted to pdf, but here are some part numbers that may aid your search. The data sheet for the parallel interface card set lists the following part numbers: IC640CPP549 - Logicmaster 6 with one 3.5 inch drive IC640CPP550 - Logicmaster 6 with two 3.5 inch drives IC640CPP551 - Logicmaster 6 with hard disk drive and 3.5 inch drive The same data sheet lists the "Workmaster Guide to Operation Manual", GEK-25373. I think that what they're calling "Logicmaster 6" in the description means the bundled hardware and software. When Logicmaster software was first introduced, you couldn't buy it as a standalone product. You had to buy it bundled with the Workmaster computer to run it on. This is the original Workmaster computer which was an IBM PC-XT. Not to be confused with the Workmaster II which came out around 1990. The Workmaster II was an IBM PS2, model 70. I also have an old pricing spreadsheet which lists repair & return service pricing for Workmasters as follows: IC640MWS901RR - Workmaster system, 1-3.5" disk drive IC640MWS902RR - Workmaster system, 2-3.5" disk drive IC640MWS905RR - Disk I think the last number is actually for a Workmaster with hard drive and one 3.5" drive. Repair & return part numbers typically appended "RR" to the part number of the product to be repaired. If I remember correctly, the 3.5" drive was low density (720 Kb) and the hard drive was either 5 meg or 10 meg. I hope that helps. Edited by Steve Bailey

You could ask the obsolete computer museum LOL

Thanks for the info. Here is another question. I'm trying to locate an external hard drive for a Workmaster I. Can you provide me with any leads? Thanks.

I'm not sure what you mean by "External" hard drive. All I remember for the Workmaster is drives that fit into one of the two bays. At any rate, you could try Qualitrol.com or PLCCenter.com

I tried Qualitrol, but they could not help. Evidently, there was an external hard drive that was available for the units. In terms of the internal hard drive, what type could be used to replace one of the 3.5 floppy drives?

I can't imagine where an external hard drive would connect to the Workmaster. Through the parallel port perhaps? At any rate, the Workmaster I was an IBM PortablePC, which is an XT. Third-party components that worked with an XT might work with the Workmaster. http://oldcomputers.net/ibm5155.html

Of all the things to call one's self.. poopstain?