Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jbradshaw

Fanuc Robot backup

6 posts in this topic

Hi, I have been tasked with getting prepared to do a job backup of some Fanuc Robots. I have asked what flavor of controller I will be using, and it is unknown. does anyone here know if it is as simple as a Motoman, i.e. the flash card, and copy from the pendant, or do I need to use specific programming software, connect via rs-232/whatever, and pull out a copy of the jobs/variables/etc. ? Thanks, John.

I wrote an article how to upgrade the operating system on a Fanuc robot. Article Link Here. If you look at it, one of the steps is to BACKUP files, and images. Take a read, and post back any questions. Basically you can do image files on a PCMCIA slot adapter with a compact flash card. PS: I moved your posted to General.

Thanks, that what i ws looking for. I assumed the post was moved, since I couldn't find it where I left it.

Depends on what model controller you have on the robot. RJ needs software and a cable RJ2 some need software and cable while other can be done with the PCMCIA Slot, it all depends on when it was made RJ3 can be done either way

Thanks for all the info, and the write-up was awesome! I was able to get someone at Fanuc who was very helpful and knowledgeable to deal with my remaining questions. Thanks for all the help, John. Edited by jbradshaw

1-800-47-robot is the # for Fanuc tech support. I believe the software for backing up programs and mastering is called KFLOPPY. At least that is what I've been using on my RJ and RJ2 robots. I made my own comms cable with a pinout Fanuc provided me. I copied the software (From a floppy) to my C: drive and put a shortcut on my desktop. (It opens in a DOS window) You have to select "Emulate" in the software and use the teach pendant to highlight the programs you want to send to your laptop. Just my quick 2 cents...