Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sphinx

Simatic S5 support

3 posts in this topic

Dear All friends almost no space to introduce myself here but i would say iam pleased to find such a "community" gathering these Brilliant minds all over the world iam somehow a "beginner" using the SIMATIC S5 and yes..we still have some in Egypt where i live i have a challenge to face and i wish i can earn some support from you here if possible let me describe it breifly here, we have a schuttle travelling through stations (under manual mood) and now we need to insert a new station (all stations are called by push buttons) i find this little bit complicated i wonder if someone could help ?have a similar code ? also,iam thinking how to do so using an encoder(which is not the current situation) the code of the current system exists surely with segments comments if interested please tell me to post i would appreciate any support you may decide to leave for me sincerely, sameh wenget

I moved this to the Siemens board, you should get more responses here. Ken

Siemens no longer supports S5 so getting help is going to be difficult at best. This site has posted as a manual you can download, the user manual for Siemens S5. I do not think you can get S5 processors directly from siemens anymore, although I may be wrong. If you application is done with stand alone PLCs that are not networked together, you may be able to add an Siemens S7 PLC for the new application. IF you happen to have all the S5 hardware you need and can build identical hardware panel and wire the I/O the same, there are several third party S5 PLC programming softwares that would allow you to extract the program from one of your running PLCs and download to you new system. But everything must be the same hardware and I/O wiring wise.