Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jmalter

Contrologix Remote I/O Status

3 posts in this topic

We are using Controllogix with Enternet/IP communications to remote I/O using ENBT modules. We want to keep the CPU running even if one of the remote chassis fail or we take the panel out of service. I figured out how to override the processor and allow it to run witht the rack off but I don't know how to find out if the rack is failed(off) through programming. we wnat to display and alarm on our HMI. Any ideas?

The complete way is to use GSV instructions to get the Connection status of the remote 1756-ENBT module (or an individual module that has a Module connection). But the quick way is to use an ordinary Rack Optimized connection to the remote chassis. There is a tag automatically created: ChassisName:I.SlotStatusBits This tag is a 32-bit DINT that has one bit per slot for the status of the module in that slot. If the whole connection to the rack breaks, the SlotStatusBits all turn to 1, which makes the overall tag value = -1. Just monitor that tag, and any time it's = -1 then you have lost the I/O connection to that chassis.