Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
markaren1

Further novice questions - AOJ2 and MED0C

3 posts in this topic

Hi All, Many thanks for your time with my earlier round of questions, I am slowly bringing the machine to life... Further questions: 1) Always true. I currently synthesize this using (LD X0 ORI X0) which is always true. Is there a short cut to start on the left of the ladder with 'always true', if so how ? 2) Any idea of the stack depth of the machine - how many times can you LD X0, LD X1, LD X2 etc. until the first entry gets lost ? 3) I am sure that I read something which implied that it might be possible to code for the native microprocessor then link to the interpreter somehow ? 4) I assume that the Annunciator is the noise maker and there is a stored value associated with the noise being triggered ? Thanks, Mark

1. There should be an always on bit in the PLC's special relays. 2. No idea what you mean by 'stack depth'. 3. Some A Series PLCs offered microprocessor code as well as ladder. I doubt the A0J2 was one of them. 4. Annuniciator bits (F addresses) are used for creating user defined faults. They have nothing to do with an audible alarm, as the PLC does not contain one. You can wire one to any output and turn it on in ladder. Did you find the AOJ2 manuals online anywhere? They would certainly help you. As might attending a PLC training from Mitsubishi on a more current model.

I've added 2 manuals on A0J2H to the downloads section. Perhaps they will provide you with a bit more information. I also added the transition guidebook for converting it to Q Series, which helps show how it relates to newer controllers and what programming changes might be required when upgrading. Any A Series programming manual might help you too, I am trying to locate the right one for the A0J2.