Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fan_cy

GX-Developer 8 Trial Version

14 posts in this topic

Is there anyone want to get a trial version of GX-DEV 8, Let me know

What are limitations? (and what are advantages compared to earlier versions?)

GX Developer version 8 inlcude support for the new firmware in the Q00, Q00j & Q001 cpu's, also inlcudes structured text support V8 is suitable for windows XP

It can be downloaded directly from Mitsubishi's website. www.meau.com go to Documents & Downloads link in top right Select Software Select Industrial Automation and hit search This should get you GX-Developer trial, E-Designer trial, and the servo sizing software. If not, reply and I can get a copy over to you.

I am not sure what do they mean by XP compatibility or XP support of the Version 8. All previous version I've used so far were running under XP without problem (at least I didn't experience any problem). Maybe I'm doing something wrong...

Me too, I only had a problem with gppwin - LLT (and I got around that) GX has worked perfect on win-xp

I downloaded the package for GX developer and tried to install it under XP. I got the following error : This package is not in the proper operating environment. Please install this package after executing \envMEL\Setup.exe from CD-Rom Any idea why I got this? TM

EnvMel is the "environment of Melsoft", all it is, is a setup to ensure the correct paths etc prior to the installation, you only seem to need it on Win XP & 2000 for some reason. Oh, and when I said suitable for windows XP I meant "Supported, Tested and Certified" for Windows XP. Many programs will work on many different operating systems but it does not necessarily mean the manufacturer will support it! Edited by navillusi

Thanks! I called Mitsubishi, they said the program referenced is an installer for various system and driver updates. They said most people don't need it, and were suprised I did with XP (!). They also said they would forward the issue on to the manager responsible - and that was all they could do. Whole lotta help there. At least he told me my Medoc files would work... TM

I've put it on two laptop, both Windows 2000, and both required it. I also installed the latest GT-Works 2 package and it required a newer version of the Melsoft environment which was on the GT Works 2 CD. It's just some updated DLLs and such.

After you unZip the trial software there will be a folder created called 'envMEL', double click on the setup.exe in the folder and then you can install Developer8.

I need a copy of GX Developer v8. Can you help me?

On 2004. 01. 13. at 2:13 AM, fan_cy said:

Is there anyone want to get a trial version of GX-DEV 8, Let me know

I like to get if still available

14 years ago this was posted... 14 years.

It's well out of date now and I don't think Mitsubishi do an updated trial.