ckchew666

Pinouts for CS1W-CN118

5 posts in this topic

Guys, Does anyone can show me the pinouts for Omron peripheral to RS232 converter (CS1W-CN118) pinouts? I'm connecting this to my MyTek HMI. The HMI pinouts as below; 2 = Receive 3 = Transmit 5 = Ground 7 = RTS (short with 8) 8 = CTS (short with 7) I tried to download the plc wiring & cable pdf from this forum, but it did not mention on the pinout for this CS1W-CN118. Thanks a lot.

Here's the pinout for the CS1W-CN226. I think [not 100% sure] this is the same as CS1W-CN118. You state that are connecting to an HMI so I assume you are using HostLink protocol. You should be using the CN226 cable for the interface NOT the CN118. See link:- http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=38886 AND link on this site:- http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopi...w=&st=& CS1W_CN226.pdf Edited by BITS N BYTES

The CN226 provides a DB9 connector to plug into an IBM 9 pin port. So the pin configuration mates up with the PC serial port. This is a standard programming cable. The CN118 provides a DB9 connector that is pin compatible with an Omron 9 pin serial port. So it turns the peripheral port into the equivalent of the built in RS232 port. This allows you to move a cable from the RS232 port to the peripheral port, using the CN118. The wiring on the PLC side of the CN118 would be the same as the CN226, but the DB9 is Omron standard: 2 TXD 3 RXD 4 RTS 5 CTS 9 SG watch out for Pin 6. This is +5 volts. Don't connect to this.

Sorry for entering discussion 8 years later, if I understood correctly, when CS1W-CN118 is connected to peripheral port of e.g. CJ1M-CPU11, there is +5V on pin 6 of RS232 side of CS1W-CN118? That also means that peripheral port provides 5V ?

i cannot test this since I don't have any of theese equipment at the moment but  I need to respond to a request for offer, thank you very much.

The +5v is there to power peripheral Omron equipment.