Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CH+

RS View 32

6 posts in this topic

I am wondering if there have been any recent developments in the fight to modify RS View 32 programs when I dont have the .apa file

Here is a listing I downloaded from another site a while back. It relates to RS studio files on Panelview Plus unit. Haven't had the opporunity to try it out yet. But here it is: To un-archive the MER file follow these easy steps: 1. Upload MER file from PanelView Plus. 2. Double click on the project with the MER extension. RS View ME Station will start. 3. As long as RS View ME Station is running (even if an error is shown) it un-archives the project to: C:\Documents and Settings\<login username>\Local Settings\Temp\~MER.00 Replace <login username> with your login details. Note that “\Local Settings” is a hidden directory. The un-archived files are deleted when ME Station is no longer running. The one thing that it didn't restore was the RSLinx Enterprise path.

Yeah, thanks. I'll try this one tomorrow when I get to work. I did manage to upload the .mer but when I tryed to run it , it started Station up and after about 2 minutes of egg timing came up with some error about not enough memory !!. I didnt persue it though

The current release of the FactoryTalk Studio development software (v5) gives you the choice of including or excluding the project re-creation information in the *.MER runtime file. You can also choose to add a password to the function. But it won't go back and add that functionality to any of the earlier runtime or Studio software, which means that it cannot read an existing v4 *.MER file and create a project from it.

RSView 32 creates .rsv files, not apa files... Right?

Yes you are right, I believe is is talking about RS View Studio development not RS View 32 I gather from the mer. file