Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Armando Martínez Lugo

Cnet RIO Fault.

5 posts in this topic

I'm experimenting some problems whit a remote IO in controlnet. i'm using the 1756-CNBR/E cards for my RIO network. The last week I had two times the same problema, the Cnet card seems like working but the rest of the IO cards had a communication problem. The tecnitian that were there don't remember the message in the display. The RIO work again after a powe Up cycle. Does anybody had experience a problem like that? Any suggestions? Tanks for Ur HELP

To Clarify are you using ControlNet as would be indicated by your use of the 1756-CNBR/E card {Redundant Controlnet Adapter} or are you using Remote IO {RIO} in which case you'd have a 1756-DH/RIO card? If it is ControlNet did you implement the redundant coax option of the 1756-CNBR/E Card or did you run single cable? The first rule of Controlnet is always check the cabling.

Equip the enclosure with a pencil and paper. Have your technician write down everything he sees, including the characters that scroll across the 1756-CNBR display and the condition of the "OK" LED's on each I/O module. You can also monitor the condition of I/O connections in RSLogix 5000, either by watching the RSLogix 5000 I/O tree or using programmatic techniques to record the change of the Module object's connection state. Read the RSLogix 5000 Help File for GSV instructions and the Module Object.

We experience the problem again; when I go to check the Controlnet Card Had the status in flashing red(that give me the idea of a communication fault) but the message in the display was frozen, it seems that the car inhibits and mantein the message in the display. The technitian told me that the time before that the message was ok. Any Idea ??

It would be most helpful to know the status of three LEDs (Ch.A, Ch.B, and OK), as well as the actual mesage on the display. The 1756-CNB® module continuously scrolls information about its CPU usage and node number and Keeper status across the green dot matrix display. If it's frozen on "OK" or anything else, and not changing, it is physically damaged and must be replaced.