Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chinthana

Do CQM1 CPU 21 have high speed counter

5 posts in this topic

Hi All Do CQM1 CPU 21 have high speed counter? What are the in put pin numbers? I need to connect a rotary encoder if you have sample program please give me. Thanks Chinthana

I do not have a sample program, but as far as I can tell yes high speed counter inputs are available on CPU inputs 0.04 and 0.05, input 0.06 can be used as a reset. See W228-E1-7 CQM1-CPM1-CPM2-SRM1 PLC Programming Manual section 1-5-5 / 1-5-6. Section 5-15-8 describes the use of the High Speed Counter PV read instruction PRV(62).

It should be covered in the manual, but make sure you change the "Settings" to activate the high speed inputs. Exact method for this will depend on programming software. Hope this will help.

It's all in the manual but the manual might be a bit complicated for a begginer , first you have to set the CPU for HSC mode using CX programmer "Settings" or Syswin or by writing directly into DM6640 to DM664. Then you will have to restart the PLC for the settings be effective. you can easily read the HSC PV from words 230,231 or by using the function PVR and reset with bit 252.00 I you are more experienced you can also use the HSC with the CTBL function.