Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
poovs

Protocol Macro (.psw) File Lost

9 posts in this topic

Okay, so I have this system here in the shop we've been fabbing/testing/checking out. My protocol has been refined to work quite well over the past month or so. Today I discover a feature that needs to be implemented into the protocol. When I go to open my .psw it doesn't contain the sequences I've created over the past couple of weeks. Either the protocol wasn't saved when last closed or the updated version has been deleted :( Is there ANY way to retrieve what is currently loaded into the SCU? I HATE having to backtrack and recreate the protocols. What gives with the frickin' greyed out Upload function? Ideas?

Put the PLC in program mode prior to upload the protocols. And RTFM: Read The Frickin' Manual

ahem... as you can see, the UPLOAD protocols option is not available, even though I am in PROGRAM mode. the UPLOAD option has never been available in ANY version of PMCR that I have used (currently latest 1.70). the DOWNLOAD option works fine (omron's download means pushing the .psw config into the SCU) the UPLOAD option does not (omron's upload means pulling the <insert functionality here> from the SCU) thanks -j

I have never had a problem uploading protocols. Start CX Programmer and go Online to PLC. Place PLC in Program Mode. Open PLC I/O Table and right click on SCU unit in Main Rack. Select "Start Special Application" Select "Start with settings Inherited" Select "CX Protocol". The SCU should now show up in the CX Protocol application. Right Click and "Upload Communication Port Setting" When complete Right Click and "Upload Protocol List" When complete Right Click and "Upload Protocols" If any of these fail to start then you must have entered a Password at some point to lock access. This MUST be entered before and upload is permitted.

I think the main issue here, is that you need to select the SCU that you are wanting to upload from in the PLC tree. In your case, under PLC_AO, SCU[3]. Try this, and see how you get on. Edited by scottmurphy

You didn't mention much more info... You are using a CS1 Duplex. I wonder if you should look for the problem there?

poovs Scott is correct. You need to select the SCU or SCB from which you wish to upload. When you download, you have already selected the target SCU or SCB under the 'Target' column, so this is not necessary on a download. When you upload, you will not get the message names as you originally entered them, unless you selected 'Include Source Information' when you last downloaded. The 'Source Information' is essentially the message names, and they are not downloaded by default, as this takes up more memory on the SCU / SCB. If you upload the Protocol, you can rename the send and receive messages in the send / recieve message lists, and the names will change in the sequences automatically. This should not be too bad. You will not need to be in program mode to upload Protocol Macros, only to download them. Just like a PLC program. On a side note,I have never seen sequences disappear from a project.

Got it... Never realized that it was necessary to select the desired unit/board to upload from within the PLC I/O tree from within CX-Protocol. thanks for the pointers, -j

Hello guys,

I just found this old post, and I am exactly in the same situation right now. 

We are reviving a 10 year old machine, and there is no technical support available anymore.  I am doing the uploading of the backup programs for the CJ1M- CPU13-ETN and the SCU41.  As for the plc, I was able to upload a copy, and the remaining part is the protocol macro.  The SCU41 is connected using a serial cable, to drive 10 units of vfd's.  

I tried following the above instructions ( Bits n Bytes post ) until I got on the " Select "Start with settings inherited",  Select " CX-Protocol ", and from here., a window pop-out says that " The associated special application CX-Protocol is not installed ".

In my CX-One, there is a CX-Protocol installed, and I was wondering If there is another software that needs to be installed or missing in my application.

Appreciate for your time, and assistance.

Regards,

Leo

P_20180830_192144.jpg