Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Elcan

Using the memory module with Micrologix 1500.

6 posts in this topic

Hi, I want to use a memory module 1764-MM1 to transport a PLC program between Micrologix 1500 PLCs (1764 LRP). 1. How do I copy the original program from the PLC to the memory module? 2. How do I copy the program from the memory module to an empty PLC? Thank you very much!

http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/cgi...amp;p_topview=1 http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/cgi...amp;p_topview=1

whan i try to follow this link i have an error message: Not Available At This Time This answer may be getting updated, or it may only be available to TechConnect support contract holders (see answer 50871 for details).

You are right. At the time I posted them they were free for the asking. But not anymore. They don't work for me either, as I don't have a tech connect contract.

The "Gentlemen's Agreement between RA and MRPLC" and a respect for one and others intellectual property does not allow for quoting from TECHCONNECT documents on the mrplc site. Thanks to pandersen for attempting to aide you, we are sorry we must delete his TechConnect Quotes to honor our working agreement with RA at this time. Similiar information that also answers your problem can be found for free in the Micrologix Reference Manual without TechConnect subscription. If you still need further help after consulting the above manual page 69 - respond with you additional questions and members will answer them I am most sure. Edited 7/8/2008 by MRPLC Admin BobLfoot

Yes, sorry to hi jack this thread. This is a change recent from Rockwell Automation. Just to explain a bit more what has happened. What you may notice is Rockwell now is protecting some support information in their knowledge base with a TECHCONNECT contract. So you must have this contract to access the information. What is ALLOWED is to link to the tech connect document, as so done already. Then if you have a knowledge base account, you can read the document if it is not protected by tech connect. Or if it is protected, you must have tech connect. What is not ALLOWED any more for the sake that all those documents at knowledge base are property of Rockwell, we can't allow a copy for copy quoting or an attached DOC or PDF directly from knowledge base. What you ARE ALLOWED to do, if you want though more effort is read the document, and in your own words type back what you read. This way we aren't copyrighting the information. I know this is a pain. One other option is we are pondering the idea of some agreement with Rockwell and the documents with MrPLC, I personally haven't come up with any suggestion yet. Rockwell knows our intentions and those people like "pandersen" are GOOD, we mean no harm and that want to help people in need. So they have just asked us to follow their new rules. Mind you this is a recent change. I hope you all understand we aren't keeping anything away from the orginal poster, we just have to now watch closer protected copyright information. Protected now with the recent change in the Tech connect required to view certain support documents in the knowledge base. If I have people start posting about this, I will start another thread you can post your comments if you like so we don't hi jack this poster's thread. Please don't discuss what I have written here, stay on topic, but rather if you want to discuss what I have written please post your comments in this thread: http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=14564