Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jeremiah

RSview32 Works Expression Help

6 posts in this topic

I have seperate Auto/Manual buttons with seperate PLC bits. I am trying to right an expression so that when you push the Auto button, it toggles a specific tag and resets another. Basically I need it to place the pump/motor in Auto and take it out of Manual if it was in Manual. I have tried running a command and can get the first tag to toggle but since there is no reset command that you can use in an expression, that I am aware of, I am having difficulties getting this expression to work IF (test1=1) THEN 0. It keeps saying the command or macro is unknown. This should be fairly simple but I haven't done a lot with RSview32 Works so your help would be appreciated. I hope this make sense. Thanks in advance. JS

Auto button Press Action: Set SV101_Mnl 0 Set SV101_Auto 1 Manual button Press Action: Set SV101_Mnl 1 Set SV101_Auto 0 Edited by gmferg

I have never been able to get that kind of logic (IF (test1=1) THEN 0) to work. So I have to have a seperate button for auto and manual. I hope someone else has figured it out.

Wow. Thats sounds like it will work. I am not a work right now so I will have to try it tomorrow. Could I have just been really overthinking this one or am I missing something here? Thanks a lot gmferg for you response. JS

I should add that you have to apply a Touch Animation to an object and enter the commands there. Using a "Button" does not allow you to apply values to more than 1 tag. There is also a Toggle command which can be used to just flip the current state of a tag or tags.

Everything worked just fine using a "button". It did allow me to set more than 1 tag. I appreciate your help gmferg. I guess I was really overthinking this one. Thanks again. JS