Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GR Automation

GE 9030 PLC Clock

4 posts in this topic

Does anyone know how to set a GE 9030 PLC clock date/time from cimplicity ME version 5.0? I thought it would be done in configuration but there is no tab to do it there. Greg Reeves

In your PLC use the service request #7 for reading the date/time of the PLC. The service request write the date/time into 5 or 6 word. In your Cimplicity project, create points to read the date/time words. Create a periodic Event launching a script. In this script use the Date function to set the PC date/time. Thats what i found from google, dont know if its any help :)

Go online with the PLC target. Then, from the "Target" menu, select "Online Commands", then "Show Status". From there, select the "Date" tab where you will be able set the time and date in the CPU. The easiest way is to click the "Synchronize CPU to host" button. That will write your PC's date and time to the PLC. Neither the logic nor the configuration need to be equal in order to do it.

Steve, Thanks for the reply. I thought I had looked there and that tab was not there. I will check again.