Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bad Sector

1769-SDN

3 posts in this topic

I am trying to use the RSNetworx Demo (3.21.02 (Build 5) SP2 (updated) to configure a little DeviceNet comms. I have a 1769-SDN Series B Rev: 1 (Firemware Rev. 2.2) on a ML1500 that I am using as the master. My problem is that when I open RSNetworx, I get an Error: "Node:01 The Following error occurred parsing the EDS File: 'Invalid Entry in the MemoryTables'. The EDS file I found from Rockwell is a Major Rev 2. Minor Rev 1, And the Next one they have appears to be a Major Rev 3, Minor 1... which won't work either because the 1769 is a 2.2. Does anyone here know a fix for this problem? Or could someone send me the Firmware Upgrade for the 1769-SDN? Thanks for any help :) Adding a Picture of RSNetworx problem :( Edited by Bad Sector

You're going to need a current version of RSNetworx for DeviceNet to configure the 1769-SDN. RA is shipping version 8.0, which has the same Demo Mode without activation as all the older versions. Make friends with your local RA sales office and get a copy. The minor revision of a device seldom makes a difference with regard to the EDS file.