Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bad Sector

RSNetworx Demo

7 posts in this topic

Not sure if anyone here can help with this, but I thought I'd try. I am wanting to use the RSNetworx Demo from http://www.software.rockwell.com/support/d...ail.cfm?ID=2965 I have d/l'd it and try to install on my desktop, but all that happens when I try to install RsNetworx for Device net is my windows xp machine pops up w/ a message saying "The operating system denied access to the specified file" ?!? I took the same files and copied them to my laptop, and it installs fine on there. Has anyone ever seen this problem before, or even know a way to fix it. On my desktop computer, the only thing i can think that MAY possibly be hanging it up is the Factory Automation Activation stuff that got loaded with RSLogix500... could this be the reason?

Maybe? (see PDF below) ErrorAccessDenied__The_operating_system_denied_access_to_the_...pdf

Sorry, I should have mentioned I tried that as well. When I try to run the setup.exe, i get "The Parameter is incorrect." that is when I try to run the file from : RsNetWorx_Demo\dnet\install\setup.exe So maybe that is my problem.. but I have no idea how to figure out what a 'Parameter is incorrect' would be. I do some more searching on that... Thanks for the suggestion :)

Make sure no other Rockwell software is running (i.e. RSLinx running as a service, turn it off)

Yeah, i just went thru and turn off the Rslinx service, made it not start on startup, rebooted and tried again and got the same error. This is very odd... I always get the good stuff..

Ok, well chaulk this one up to Microsoft. I uninstalled my Visual Studio 2008, rebooted, and RsNetworx installed fine.. well, with the exception that I DID have to go to the install folder and run the setup.exe file. (Autorun would crash w/ access denied) So hopefully this will help someone else down the road.

Please check that outllok or other mail service is not running. i faced some trouble wt RS networks 7.0 some days before,my friend told me 1.Stop all RS servises 2.Stop RS linx clasic 3.Stop factory talk sevices 4.Stop task Rsobserve.exe Do not log off or restart.. Install RS netwoks May this work for you...