Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bad Sector

1770-KFD to 1769-SDN help..

3 posts in this topic

Hello again! the problem I am having now is that I cannot get RSLinx to configure a 1770-KFD driver. I have checked around the fourms and found this : KFD lesson 101: * Use the correct cable. (RTS and CTS pins short back onto themselves at each end of the plug, this is not the case with null modem) * Make sure the DeviceNet network has the EOL resistors * Make sure no other serial driver is running and hogging the com port. (RSLinx Enterprise is a trick for young players, this is set to run automatically as a service by default and if you have been using a serial path for transfer / testing it might have the com port held captive without you knowing it. I made my own cable, checked it 3 times, applied the resistors to the 1769-SDN and the 1794-ADN/B module. Nothing is using my serial driver. When go thru the setup of adding the driver, it goes to 'Initilizing Device'.. I see the RS-232 Status Lite flashing, but after a little while, the "Initilzing Device" just goes away and it does not add the driver to my Linx. On the 1770-KFD, the Module Status light flashes green. I have not yet seen the 'network status' light do ANYTHING so far. Even when I'm trying to add the driver in rslinx. I have d/led and added the EDS files to my linx. I do not have any I/O modules on the 1794-ADN/B right now, could that be causing this? Is there any other way for me to get this driver added? Thanks for any help.

Well, Ignore this one please, unless it helps you: Problems seems to be the USB to RS232 for the Laptop. I just hooked it up thru my desktop computer and it came right up. Looks like i'll be trying to find me a better USb to RS232 :)

Here's a better one. http://www.plctrainer.net/