Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scottmurphy

Project Workspace Docking

14 posts in this topic

Not sure what just happened, but now I cannot get my workspace to dock as to how it was before. Normally, I have it setup similar to CX-programmer, so that I can navigate through screens etc, the same as windows explorer. Now I cannot get it to dock the same Have just spent the last half hour trying to work out why What is happening, is if the Explorer window is docked, it takes up the whole screen, and I cannot view any open windows Whilst this is not a major, it is one of those cosmetic things that you get used to, and it is annoying the heck out of me just now!!!! Any ideas, I am thinking about re-installing, but think will have to re-install CX-One, which I don't really have time for at the moment! Any ideas?

Hello Scott, Can you post a screenshot? I've gotten CX-D to sort of do the same - Project Worspace is taking the whole screen when using Alt + 1, and I now cannot re-dock, but I want to see if the 'dock' problem looks the same! You could try right clicking and de-selecting 'Allow Docking', then re-size the floating window and then re-enable docking.

Hi anonymous, This is annoying the hang out of me, I even tried re-installing CX-One, but did not work! I am convinced that I may have some sort of virus or corrupt file, as I think that I saw a similar thing with CX-P, but have been unable to replicate it as yet. I am about to re-build my PC anyway, is due for it, this should rectify the issue. If you notice in the attachment, the scroll bars are gone as well, only when 'docked' though. This means, obvioulsy, that when the workspace is docked, that you cannot scroll to screens or settings etc, not very good!!!

Arrrrgggghhhhhh Completely lost the Project Workspace! Cannot get it to display. Even been through the registry (Win 2000 - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Omron\CX-Designer\V2\Window\Toolbar-Bar4\ if you're interested!) to see if there was anything obvious - but no! Don't think I'm going to be much help just at the moment Scott! If I can work out what's gone wrong with my installation, I'll be back!

Not to worry anonymous, I will have a tinker when I get a chance as well. Just had a quick look in registry also, now workspace will not dock.....not too worry.

Hello Scott, You may like to try this (worked for me)... Registry for ToolBar-Summary set like this Bars = 22 ScreenCX = 400 ScreenCY = 300 This then displayed the Project Workspace ( ) full screen as per your screenshot. I then simply right clicked in the Workspace, de-selected allow docking, which floated the window, allowing me to re-size it. Once resized to a managable size, I re-selected allow docking, and was able to successfully dock at a reasonable size. Hope this might work for you.

Thanks anonymous, Is your workspace docked as a full screen, or as a 'navigation' pane? Are you able to post a copy of you registry settings for toolbar 4, I cannot get my workspace to dock just now.

Hello Scott, It's docked as a navigation pane. (Have you re-enabled 'Allow Docking' for the Workspace window?) Here's a shot of my registry settings... Hope this helps. Edited by anonymous

Thanks anonymous, I will have a look later and let you know how I get on. Any chance you can post a shot on how your workspace is docked? Just to see if we on same page, pardon the pun..

anonymous, your a genius!!! Just copied your settings, un-docked, re-docked, and I am back to how I like to use CX-D, looks like I owe you a beer..... have a pint of the ol black stuff for me!!

Glad to be of help Scott, I'm going for a couple tonight, so I might just have an extra one...

Right, new problem, not my CX-D does not want to minimise so it 'floats' in the main window. I can only have it so it takes up the whole screen, or is minimised.... What setting do I need to change to fix this one, cannot seem what is obvious...

Hi Scott, You say you can have it whole screen or minimised so do you mean "...does not want to restore"? Are you sure that when you click "Restore" its not just restoring to a full screen size? When this happens the "Restore" Caption bar buttons changes to a Maximise button but no other visible effect. If this is the case then when the"Maximise" Caption button is on view you should be able to resize the full screen view dragging the corners in the normal way. Maybe too simplistic for the expert but embarrassing if that is all it is! Also... Do you use Dual Screen monitors? I've seen various programs with Window problems on screen 2. Regards, Bertie Edited by Berti Baker