Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mach390

DDM File to CXP

4 posts in this topic

I have been sent a program that is supposed to be in English (current one is Italian) but they sent it to me as a DDM file and the CX-Programmer (Ver. 7.2) won't open it. I was wondering if there was a way to convert it to a CXP file. I do not have much experience with Omron (usually work with AB) and am trying to monitor the machine but since I can't read any descriptions or tag names this is very difficult. Thanks for any help!

I think I am right in saying that a DDM file is nothing more than a data dump file containing Data Memory values, and is created using the Syswin programming software. In other words, it is not a program at all. CX-Programmer can import these files and then save it as a .mem file. If you have a project created for your program, then go to the @Memory' editor and you can import the file from there. However, if you were expecting to be sent an actual program, then I am not sure how much help this will be to you, unless it contains translated text strings perhaps. Have you been sent a .swp file? This is a program file created by Syswin, and can also be converted by CX-Programmer. Hope that helps. Andy.

Thank you, I will try to import these tonight. They gave me a copy of the programs when they were finished, but I think they were using older software (not sure if that matters). I opened them a couple of weeks later and everything was in Italian so they were supposed to translate it and send me English versions. One of the programs came back as a SWP file which was no problem opening, but the other was the DDM.

DDM is definately a data memory file. It usually is associated with an swp file.