Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BobLfoot

Omron Rusty

13 posts in this topic

It has been 8 years since I worked on a live Omron PLC and Program and so I am quite rusty. Is there a manual or tutorial which lays out the memory structure. With out C120F, C500F and C100HF we had DM, HR, R and I think B register arrays, but then we also used Toshiba PLC's so maybe I am mixing them up. Wrote a small program lately and couldn't figure out how to address internal working registers in CX-Programmer.

The Memory Structure is dependant on the PLC model that you are using. If you create a new project within CX-Programmer, and open the Memory window, it will give an overview of the entire memory area available for that PLC model. Each model has its own manual which outlines the Memory areas available, I'm sure there are plenty of examples in the download section. Hope this helps, a little bit anyway.

Yes it helps a little. But I still can't seem to figure out how to program internal working registers in CX-Programmer. If I want to turn on D0.0 with a coil I get an error on compile. Same for w0.0 and I know I used to do this all the time. The only work registers it appears to accept are unassigned I/o addresses like 300.00 and so forth. Is this something that has been "improved". I was trying to play with a small CJ1M-CPU11 program.

Hi DM or D. mem. is only for "word" instruction ex. MOV. +,-,*,/, ect. W for bit work. SET, RSET ect. H for Word and bit but retain. Hope this can help you. Banker

DM is definately word adressing only - bit addressing with DM will cause a compile error. If my memory serves me correctly, only the CS1, CJ1 and CP1 PLCs have W addresses. If it is another older PLC you will also get a compile error.

Hello BobLfoot, Any help... Sorry, the table didn't paste quite right Will try later... Edited by anonymous

If you wish to address D memory at the bit level on a CJ1M processor you can use BIT TEST instructions TST[350] and TSTN[351] for inputs. For outputs use SINGLE BIT SET/RESET SETB[532/RSTB[533] to retain status or SINGLE BIT OUTPUT OUTB[534].

Thanks for all the responses. It had been eight yesrs since I had programmed an Omron PLC. I lasted used Syswin the Alpha test version on a Windows 95 platform. I knew I used to do some pretty neat bit shifts and manipulations, but couldn't seem to write a good one with the new software. A good friend had sent me CX-One Version 2 Demo for Christmas and I was playing over the weekend with it. I don't use it for work. but wanted to see what I could recall and what had changed. Thanks again for all the responses.

Hello everybody I'm new with omron analog cards, I "ve a CJ1W-ad041-v1 card with a CJ1M-CPU11, my input 0a 10 v is the input A1 and A2, my unit is on # 5 "I need help for all paramettre cio, dm and configuartion card with pictures step by step if possible. thank you for your help and I excuse me for my English is bad Edited by moh

Hello Guys, I read this post about the DM memory is only accessible by word, otherwise we will have a compiling error. I restarted again PLC programming maybe 2 months ago so I'm still to rusty but Im using SET and KEEP with D memory without compiling erros on a CJ2M. Do you know why?

I believe that accessing Bits from DM memory is a new function starting with the CJ2 platform. I just learned this myself about a month ago. The CJ2 did not exist at the start date of this thread.

Yes - only available in the CJ2.

Otherwise, it's possible with SETB and RSTB.