Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bad Sector

Micrologix 1500 Password

12 posts in this topic

Anyone have any help for me on this problem? I have a ML1500 processor that I would like to us, but it is password protected. I have tried the AB's knowlegdge base to reset/clear processor to default, but It keeps telling me incorrect password. I am using MLCLRMEM for the password when it ask for a password when I try to d/l my program to it, but It won't clear.. I've read up on how to reset the ML1500 to defaults, and there is no way according to the KB's at A-B. You can only do a clear memory while online. So i'm a bit stuck, unless someone can point me in the direction to finding out the password with the HDD thing I saw someone in here talk about, but had not more info on it ;( EDIT * Have also tried 65257636 as password, no luck still, still sez invalid password Thanks for any help, Bad Sector Edited by Bad Sector

Read the Knowledgebase article closely; SLC and MicroLogix passwords are always numeric. The clear-memory function password is "MLCLRMEM" translated to the corresponding numbers on a telephone keypad, which is "65257636".

Read teh knowledgebase closely.. and even tried it. Should have said that w/ first post. I tried the MLCRMEM and the 65257636 , both just come up and say Incorrect Password :(

Do you the offline file, if so post it. And do you know the name of the processor? Have you connected with RSLinx when you try this? Edited by Mickey

Nope, I don't have a copy of what is in there. The processor names is saying "ALDBOY" ... about to just return it.. I don't really have alot of time to be messing around wasting time on something that should not have been password protected when I bought it. Arrgg..

Try this open RSLoigx500 ( RSLinx must also be running), (do not open any file) click on comm then go online then the above when asked for the password. Edited by Mickey

...when you bought it ? Caveat, emptor. If you're on any kind of good terms with your local A-B office or distributor you could carry that in the door and get it unlocked in about ten minutes.

Hopefully it was not pitched to you as a new unit. If it has a password then it is not a new PLC.

Power down. Pull the battery out. Short the battery terminals out. Wait about 10 seconds. Put the battery back in. After that, you should be blank.

The ML1500 has a permanet battery which cannot be replaced. It may or may not have a replacement battery. See PDF below for more info on this. ML1500Battery.pdf Edited by Mickey

WOW! Doing it exactly like that worked. Very odd...I think they need to add to their Knowlegde base exactly what Mickey typed there. Don't open or do anything else, becuase for some reason it doesn't work then. Thanks alot for everyone's help.

Your welcome, glad to hear it worked for you. I stumbled on to that, trial and error style.