Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shamus

Adding Declaration To DB

3 posts in this topic

Hi All I have a program that I need to add some declarations into a DB. The declarations I want to add are associated with other declarations (named SV1) that are at the top of the DB. In order to preserve the organsation of the program I would like to insert a declaration at the top after the other SV1 declarations. After doing this it appears all the other declarations below the new ones change address (understandably) however all the declarations in the program change according to the declaration address and not the symbol name. My question is can i do something to make the program look at the symbol name i.e "ValveDB".SV1on instead of the declaratrion address so that they change automatically. regards Shamus

If you're talking about Step7 then the answer is: yes. Open the project. In the navigation pane unfold the project tree so you can see the Blocks folder. Right click it and choose Object properties.... Go to Address priority tab and select "For all accesses. After changes do not forget to compile whole project.

Thanks very much thats saved me from a world of pain. regards Shamus