Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nibroc

Ethernet IP

30 posts in this topic

Hey Guys!

I wanted to use Beckhoff BK9055 Module with CJ2M CPU. I would like to use CJ1W-EIP21 ethernet module for the communication. I use CX - Integrator, I donwloaded the ESD file and installed it, but it is doesn't working. I got verification error. I have 3 KL1809 modules (3*16 input) and 3 KL2809 modules (3*16 output). 

Both of them ip adress is pingable, and working. Everybody have some idea what can i do with this?

Thank you for help!

EIP-Parameter.jpg

kommunikacio.jpg

setup.jpg

Next time that you have a question, start a new post....

Try a size of 8 in and 8 out.  It appears from looking at various Beckhoff documents that show examples of determination of the "process image" with similar products that there is a word of Status on the input side and a word of Control on the output size at the beginning of each of the assemblies.

If 8 is not the correct size, then you may have to do some more digging, but it sounds like the size that you have specified may not be correct.

One other thing that you can do to check the assembly size:

Open up Network Configurator for EtherNet/IP.  Connect to your EtherNet/IP network.  Choose the Tools Pulldown menu and choose Setup Parameters.  Enter the IP Address of the Beckhoff as the Target Node Address, choose Get Attribute Single as the service.  Enter 04 for the class and 03 for the attribute.  The instance number is the number of the input or output assembly for which you are trying to get the size.  In the example below, the assembly instance number was 785 decimal, which is 0311 (Hex).  Then press send.  In the result field, you will get the data for that instance returned.  Count the number of characters returned.  Divide the number of characters by 2 and you have the number of bytes for that assembly.

Here is the example that I just tested:

AssemblySize.jpg.ea15750ad8ac0597afe9f9a

In the above example, the device is at 192.168.0.92, I am trying to determine the size of assembly 785, so I entered 311 in hex for the instance.  The result returned 72 hex characters which is 36 bytes of data.  For longer strings of data, you can copy it from the Result field, paste it as text into Excel (as text, or leading zeros will be truncated) and use the =len() formula to determine the number of characters.

Thank you so much the help! 

It is solved my problem! :)

What was the proper size?  8 & 8?