Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eduardo.Peart

S7-300 with Barcode Scanner

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a Barcode Scanner connected to a S7-300 (CPU313C- 2 PtP). The PLC is already receiving and monitoring part of the Barcode, 16 characters. I need to see at least 20 characters! I've tried modifying different parameters that has to do with the Lenght of the message (Eg. LEN, Array in DB1), but haven't been able to get the rest of the Data. In the DB1 I can see the spaces for the next 4 characters, but they appear blank! Hope somebody can help me with this... Regards, Eduardo Peart Error_C1.zip

Eduardo Peart Go to your hardware config go to your X2 PTP config go to End delimiter tab look at bmp attached you will notice that you are only bringing in a fixed string of 16 bytes. Increase it to what you want or use framing from bar code scanner. If you want to trigger based on an end delimiter char I usually do this <STX> and <ETX> are usually selected in the scanner. STX = start of text, ETX = End of text <STX>barcode here<ETX> then modify your PTp for <ETX> But if you do this you probably need to change the bar code configuration good luck amigo Jim frameSize.bmp

Jim, Thanks!! That's exactly what I needed to do... I just found out a couple hours ago and it worked! Thanks very much anyways... Regards, Eduardo Peart

Hi, Eduardo Peart. I wonder have you ever used any 3rd party toolkits to help you work it out?