Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris Elston

RS View Audio in Alarm Trigger using PC

9 posts in this topic

Here is a good question... I have an RS View application running on a normal PC. If I select the Audio check box in the alarms, what sound is made if the RS View application is a PC instead of a Panel View Plus with an internal beeper? Does sound come out of the sound card? The help file says this: Audio Specifies whether to sound an internal beeper when the object is pressed. If the computer running the project does not have an internal beeper, the object press does not trigger a beep. The motherboard has an on board speaker for the BIOS, will it beep the onboard speaker? Or will it do nothing? Just wondering if anyone knows before I actually try it myself and see what I get.

YYEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! It comes through the audio card speaker...sweet...... Now, I wonder if I can change the WAV file it's playing....hmmm.....

If u cant change the sound via RS View cant u just replace it with the audio file u want to play and rename it?

Yeah my idea exactly, first I gotta FIND IT... I am sure it's file name dependant. So if it's called default.wav, I am sure I can replace default.wav with whatever sound I want, so long as I call the new sound file default.wav and over write it.

F.Y.I. PanelView Plus don't have internal beepers or a speaker and the Audio Tick Box is only for PC Applications

I could of swore I had a PV + 700 with an internal beeper.....maybe not.

To change the sound in RS View running on a PC, go to Start > Settings > Control Panel. Click on Sounds, click on the sound tab. Find Default Beep in the list. Change that sound, and you've changed the sound RS View used for the "audio" property. FYI: I check a PV 700+ I have, and it beeps internally. You can't really hear it that well, but it does BEEP.

I have several PV 1000 Plus, These don't seem to have beepers. One which I upgraded from a PV 1200 CRT I wished did beep and have told the Client we need to install a external beeper off an output from the PLC, As they use it to show alarms and the old unit use to sound when a new alarm was present. Thanks for the input on the PV700+ I will keep that in mind Cheers