Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
booatoavn

Citect displays on multiple monitors

8 posts in this topic

Hi every one I need to congfigure my Citect to display on multiple monitors. what configurations need to be done? Thank in advance

Have you read the Knowledge Base and help files ? Its all in there. If you have and you still dont understand what to do then let us know what specific problems you are having and we can go from there

Thank a lot for your response I have read already. Q2618 said that it is possible but does not say how to do I have two monitors connected to one CPU. I want to display different page of Citect on different monitor. For example, the first monitor will be used to display graphic page and the other to display alarm page. How to configure in Vijeo Citect.? Thanks

If you have based your project on the CSV project then this is how you do it (its in the help system, just type in display) Displaying a Project on Multiple Monitors The CSV_Include project can display several pages simultaneously across multiple computer screens. If your hardware can run multiple monitors off a single computer, the CSV_Include project can display a different page on up to six screens at a time. To successfully run your project across multiple monitors, adjust the following parameters: [MultiMonitors]Monitors. Adjust this parameter to indicate how many monitors you're project will be running on. [MultiMonitors]StartupPagen. This parameter determines which page will appear on each monitor at startup. Note that you have to duplicate this parameter for each monitor. For example, StartupPage1 determines the page that appears on the first monitor at startup, StartupPage2 determines what appears on the second monitor, and so on. Many types of hardware support multiple-monitor display. The CSV_Include project has been tested on a PC with multiple outputs from a single video card, but not on other architectures. The ability to display project pages on multiple screens might be affected by hardware architectures that have not been tested.

Muli_monitors_with_citect.zip This file is a zip file of a word document I found on Citect's web-site when I was setting a system up to work with multi-monitors maybe it will help.

Just checking, but does the video card of your computer support dual-monitor output? This is an absolute must if you want to display different content on multiple screens. I don't think it is as easy as splitting the video output to 2 monitors. Check the specs on your motherboard and video card. Matrox builds very nice hardware for accomplishing such a task. http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/corpo/products/home.php

Hi all Thanks a lot for all your help. My video card is GeForce 7100, so it supports dual-monitor display. My project based on CSV_Include template, I will test with my hardware following your guide above first and inform result later on. Cheer,

It also needs to be capable of running in "spanned" or "streched" mode this is where the windows task bar run accross ALL monitors. Not all multimonitor grrphics cards can do this. According to Citect it can be done the other way but it is not very clear how to. we used NVIDIA GEFORCE 7300 SE Edited by dua anjing