Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TK_STUART

Converting project versions

8 posts in this topic

Hello all, I would like to know if when converting project versions in CX Designer, if there is any way to go back to a previous version? We have loads of NS12's, various harware and firmware revisions, and would like to know if it possible in case I need to put an older screen on a newer application if necessary. I know you can upgrade the firmware on some models but this seems limited by the hardware revision. I have CX Designer ver1.0. Thanks

Hello TK STUART, I'm not a real expert on CX-Designer, but I'm pretty sure that a project converted to a later version will not then be available on the previous version again.

I was hoping someone would have a trick to get around it, as you can't copy and paste from a newer project version to an older project version either.

HI , You can upload a newer systemversion to the older terminals. version 7.0 onto a V1 terminal. the only issue you will probably have is the ones without extension. the older programs are compatible. regards, MPM

TK_Stuart. You're right. When converted 'up', there's no way 'down'. You can't even copy/paste objects. It's a pain in the a$$. If you convert 'up' then you need to upgrade the screen's firmware. CX-One installs the current latest system version. Pp

Hi, thanks for the replies all. I know you can upgrade the firmware and I have done this in the past, though it seems that some of the earlier V1 models won't accept the lastest frimware revisions, I had a V1 NS12 that wouldn't accept 6.02 but would accept 5.01 for example. This also would not help if I had to replace a V2 with a pre V1 spare! I was kinda hoping that you might be able to tinker with the files in the project directory to go "backwards". Also heard a comment regarding a developer mode for CX Designer? Is this available \ what other options\functions are available in this mode?

Have a look at the CX-Designer users manual bundled with CX-Designer installation. It hase a good version compability table of NS system versions vs NS target hardware versions.

Thanks, I've already seen the compatabilty table. I'm guessing that if I can't upgrade the firmware of the screen to equal or greater than the project version then I will have to create a new project and start from scratch and import alarms (csv) etc..... Haven't needed to do it yet, just thought I would see if there was going to be a quicker\easier way around it when I do have to.