Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pro17

CDMSVR32 problem

5 posts in this topic

Hi, using CX-Supervisor I discovered sometimes Cdmsvr32.exe is somehow corrupt. The lenght of the file is rising and communication stops responding (I see this in task manager). Normal size is around 18.000k. With larger file cx-supervisor has troubles starting and getting comm to work! I have to manually end this process to get Supervisor to work properly. Hope for some experiences and guidence. Best Regards.

Have you checked CX-Supervisor or CX-Server performance monitor? Sometimes this happens when you try to push to much through your network. In CX-Server performance monitor you may see the number of Active Messages or Open Points increasing - this would explain the increased memory use and would point to your application in CX-Supervisor needing some extra work.... Hope this helps Keda

Hi, You mean the memory usage in Task Manager? What version of CX-Server are you using? I started using CX-Server 3.1.1.1 and this fixed my memory leak problems. Bertie.

Bertie that is correct- memory usage in task manager. CX-Server version 2.4.

OK so 'memory usage' is increasing. Possible causes a) Defect in your application design Double check the Active Messages in the CX-Server performance monitor. If it is increasing then your application is posting comms quicker than the bandwidth can handle - end of story! Check your script codes for repeated InputPoint, OutputPoint or just try slowing down all update rates. If you're using version 2.0, try running the CX-Supervisor Performance Monitor (yes DIFFERENT to CX-Server one) to confirm where comms are overloaded. b) Omron Software defect i) First upgrade CX-Server to 3.1. As I said this fixed exactly this sort of problem for me so could be a quick win ii) If you still have a leak, contact your Omron technical support to debug this leak. They worked very well and quickly for me (see i) above ) This should give you enough info to solve or diagnose this. If you want more help just post the results to the above Bertie