Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BradDavis

RF to PLC

8 posts in this topic

The issue, I have been asked to find a way to have wireless devices at up to 20 locations to be able to fire inputs on a SLC-5/04. Any Ideas?

You barely list enough information. I have a few questions? How do the wireless devices communicate? If they can reach a PC it can be the relay point? There are wireless modems which can work with AIC+ units and do DH+ or Dh485 over wireless. OTher AB posters have mentioned these.

I have one of this company's wireless gateways connected to a 5/04 with several field wireless units. http://www.elprotech.com/ Not cheap but works well.

Depending on what you are trying to pull off, Phoenix Contact is selling a prepackaged system that does pretty much what it sounds like. My only complaint about Phoenix is that getting data sheets is tricky business with them...it LOOKS easy, until you try.

Several AB encompass partners sell wireless IO products and wireless IO cards for the SLC rack. Check with your AB distributor.

I would like to use RF devices to commuincate with a PLC. I want to use RF because there would be more flexablity. I have used RF in the past but only from one location, not 20.

We are using Freewave Radio system that is a broad spectrum freq setup. This is using the DF1 comm port for transmitting the data back to the master radio. Currently have 17 station with a scan time of about 18 seconds or so.

I guess would I was thinking was like unlocking a car by remote. A remote push button that I could fire an input with. Seems simple enough.