Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest em2ainsworth

1746-HSCE2

7 posts in this topic

I have read the book. I have followed the examples. And I have tried the examples left by others. All I want to do is read rate and read the counter on two inputs. And I can't seem to get the error bit to go away. Does anybody have any suggestions? I have it in a 7 slot rack, with a 5/04 processor, set in slot 1. I have it set up reading N10 and N11. I'm using the indirect addressing method, shown in the book and user example. I know I probably do not have a bit set right, but for the life of me, I truely believe I have triple check everything. Guys I need some help. Im the only tech here at Coleman Cable, and I'm already bogged down with several upgrade projects. Any suggestions

see if this helps: http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=8368&

Tried all the examples, and I'm starting to believe I need to upgrade the firmware. I read and tried all the examples. Been working on this for 3 weeks. I've tried to figure it out myself, I hate bothering people. Anyway, I'm down to either selling all 4 of these cards or fixing it.

Can you send the cards back? Spectrum has a much better counter card for the SLC platform.

A couple more things to read if you haven't already. AB knowledgebase: I.D. 17768 I.D. 18100 HSCE2.pdf 18100.doc Edited by Mickey

Probably not. I bought them off of E-Bay. My Stuart Irby rep told me these would work for my application, but I was able to finf 4 new ones for the price of two, so that's what I did. I will research new modules I haven't worked with before, nextime. Ha ha

Thanks for the suggestion. Will try these new ideas when I get back to plant wednesday. Will let you guys know. Thank you very much for your time, Robert