Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
elenercom

CPM2A mode problem

10 posts in this topic

Hello everybody, Our PLC CPM2A does not always switches to RUN mode when powering up. In such a case we have to turn it off and ON several times. Can any one tell us how to correct this trouble? Thank you for your attention.

What value is in DM6600? Look at the manual W353-E1, page 7 Are any devices attached to the peripheral port during start up? Edited by bluebyu

If you have CX Programmer then use this method. Edited by IO_Rack

Thank you for your answers. Our CPM2A is connected to a text panel at RS-232 port. I don't understand how the panel affects operation mode of PLC? I tried to set RUN mode at start-up in PLC settings. I was OK for only 2 days then trouble happen again. This kind of trouble started to happen last month. I will check DM6600 soon. Once again thank you.

Thank you for your answers.Our CPM2A is connected to a text panel at RS-232 port. I don't understand how the panel affects operation mode of PLC? Are any devices attached to the peripheral port during start up? This is the port on the left side of the plc. Once you changed the settings as IO_Rack says, did you put the plc into program and transfer the settings? Edited by bluebyu

Normally there is no any device attached to peripheral port. Machine was in normal working condition for 1 year then trouble started to happen. I changed PLC settings to RUN mode at start up with CX-program, put PLC into Program mode and transferred settings only. Thank you for your support

Try uploading your settings to confirm the startup mode is still in "RUN" You should be able to test if it works by simply powering down the unit, and than restarting it. Even if you left it in program mode it should start in run.

I have had the same problem on a CPM2A, and it turned out to be the internal power supply intermittantly failing on power-up and causing a 'Power Supply interruption' fault, which was recorded in the error log. (Have you checked the error log?) Unfortunately in this case, the solution was to replace the PLC for a new one. Andy.