Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ken Roach

Cross-posted: Taking a break from MrPLC.com

9 posts in this topic

I cross-posted this over on PLCTalk.net, as many of the forum members here are also regulars there and put this in the A-B section because I work for, and spend most of my time on, A-B products and technologies. On the advice of my boss and my fiancee, I'm taking a sabbatical from MrPLC.com. This site is a ton of fun, and very interesting, and feeds my need to "geek out" and talk about the technologies and devices that pay my salary and stimulate my mind. But I found myself checking the site more often than I checked my work e-mail. I found members on night-shift and on the other side of the globe sending me messages wondering why I was still browsing the site at 2 AM. And I'm getting tired of spending a lot of effort on folks who can't be bothered to form understandable questions or even complete sentences. This forum has really become too much of a success in some ways because many people come here before they call their vendor, and forget that its a user forum, not a tech support line. I hope nobody has to point to this post in a year and say "see, Ken must have known he was going to get hit by that bus". I'm not in bad health, or running off to join a commune in Oregon. If you need to contact me directly, drop me a line at kiroach [at] ra [dot] Rockwell [dot] com. Cheers, Ken Roach Rockwell Automation / Seattle

Congratulations of your future marriage Ken.

Ken She is right. I wish you the best. I hate to hear about your absence here. You have taught me so much. Thank you for all you have done for everone of us. If you get time stop in and show us all some new tricks. Later on, Jeff Kiper Edited by JAK

Thanks for all the help over the years. We're going to miss you, but a man's gotta do, what a man's gotta do. Good luck with the new boss,...I mean wife. He He, couldn't resist.

Ken, Thanks for all.best of luck and have a nice time.

Greetings Ken ... congratulations and best wishes ... and I fully understand the "issues" you mentioned with the forums ... that's the MAJOR reason why I absolutely refuse to have an internet connection at home ... good luck, Ken ... come back and visit from time to time ... we'll miss you ... Edited by Ron Beaufort

I've known Ken for many years and recently he suggested I take a look at MrPLC.com. I appreciate his posts and the knowledge of the forum. I hang out at an electrial formum and it does get addicting.

Hello Ken, Congratulation! You did good in this Forum, I was your avid fan in term of technical idea regarding Automation. All the Best in you and your Wife. Gnex Edited by Gnex

Good luck !!! I expect you to come back soon..... thanks for your effort in this forum