Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stickman47

TP27 Error

12 posts in this topic

Gents, I am trying to upgrade an older Processor to a newer one, specifically, from 6ES7 315-2AF01-0AB0 to a 6ES7 315-2AG10-0AB0. The system has 4 remote nodes, two drives, and a TP27 on the Profibus. I have built a bench setup with the Processor and a TP27 and have successfully loaded the running program. The problem is that the TP27 is giving me an error, "541 P 352 length 2 is not available" Is this because I don't have the entire network duplicated, or do I have another problem? I am trying to get a grasp of all this, I'm normally an A/B guy...

Did you load the program into the TP27? It should have a configuration done in either wincc compact or protool siemens utilities. If it is connected via profibus, there will be termination resistors on each end of the network between the siemens processor and the TP27. I attached the installation manual for the TP27 Tp27.pdf

The screen program is loaded and the screen is showing up on the "Addressable Nodes" list but I am still getting the same error. I even removed the battery and wipeed out the program, and it was picked up over the ProfiBus on re-start. The TP27 manual says "Specified Variable Not Available on PLC"-"Change Configuration and Retransfer".. What variable, what configuration ? There is no P 352 anywhere in the screen program and the configuration is just basic stuff about communications. Am I missing something?

If you connect it to the new CPU, the message appears. If you connect it to the old CPU the message disappears ? 541 means "Specified variable not available on PLC". Maybe it looks for DB352. It cannot be MW352 because the CPU has up to MW2046. You can try to look into the tags list and area pointer list in the Protool project, and see if it gives any insight. And you can try to compare the programs of the old and the new STEP7 projects to see if something has been forgotten.

Thanks Jesper. I started the project over by taking the original files and making the changes one-by-one. The first step was to change the processor information in the hardware section. When I returned to the ProTool program I found that all the Symbol Links were gone. I checked the controller information in ProTool and it had the Simatic S7 300/400 v6.0 driver and the node information was right. Is there a specific selection for processor type that needs to be set? It looks like the screen program is not seeing the new processor data even though the screen node is being recognized.

Hi again. That the symbols are lost, is to be expected when a CPU is exchanged with another type CPU. In Protool, use the function Edit ... Restore Symbols, and see if it fixes the problem.

I was able to restore the symbols. I had to change the peer communications in the controller properties to get this right. I still have this error on the screen that P 352 length 2 is not available. I copied the original project file w/the integrated screen file and made the changes to the hardware to reflect the new CPU. I downloaded the screen program via the serial download (the only way I have been able to download this screen) and downloaded the program to the new CPU. There was one glitch. The original porgram was using OB81 to monitor the status of the PLC battery. This block would not load in the new processor because there is no longer a battery. With this revised configuration I get the error on the screen. I am thinking I will load the screen one screen at a time. This will be time consuming but it may lead me to the offending screen. I have not been able to find any reference to P 352 in either the PLC program or the screen. I am reaching the end of my last good nerve and may scrap the entire project and re-write the whole thing. My boss won't be too happy about that as it may take several months to replicate this project and test each module as I go.

Jesper, I found something interesting... In the PLC program there is a reference to PIW 352. This is an Analog Input from a Tachometer. It is programmed to an I_DI converter but does not show up as an address in the PLC. The screen program is referencing this PIW from the PLC Symbol table but the PLC does not see PIW 352 as an address. Is this something that happened with teh processor upgrade? Will I have to re-write all the PIW's to some other form or protocol ? I can verify the error by eliminating the reference to the PIW's in the screen program, but their function in the screen is needed to show motor RPM's and other related speed data.

You have to look into the original project to see where PIW352 originates. Is the input adress 352 configure in the old project, but not in the new project ? Anyway, I feel instinctively that accessing P I/O from an HMI is no-no. I would transfer PIW352 to an MW or a DB address. And then use the intermediary address in the HMI and elsewhere in the program. And while you are at it, I would check the use of P I/O adresses in the entire program. It is normal to access each adress once only, to transfer it to an intermediary adress for further processing. edit: It is quite possible that the old CPU supported P I/O access from an HMI, whereas the new CPU does not. Edited by JesperMP

Once again, you are my savior. I made a copy of the HMI program, eliminating all the references to PIW's and loaded it into the screen. This corrected the error problem. I am looking into the possibility the the processors are different, as you stated. Also, the PLC program is using a MD address as the result from the D_ID. I will see if this data is sufficient to drive the bar graphs on the HMI screen. Thanks again for your help and support.

You have to look into the original project to see where PIW352 originates. Is the input adress 352 configure in the old project, but not in the new project ? Anyway, I feel instinctively that accessing P I/O from an HMI is no-no. I would transfer PIW352 to an MW or a DB address. And then use the intermediary address in the HMI and elsewhere in the program. And while you are at it, I would check the use of P I/O adresses in the entire program. It is normal to access each adress once only, to transfer it to an intermediary adress for further processing. edit: It is quite possible that the old CPU supported P I/O access from an HMI, whereas the new CPU does not.

Your code looks ok to me. Maybe you might want to use FC105 SCALE in the standard library under TI-S7 Converting Blocks.