Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
servant

MicroLogix 1762-L40AWA Fault

12 posts in this topic

MicroLogix 1762-L40AWA Fault when adding 1762-OX6I module Whenever I load the program, and transfer to RUN, I get a processor fault. When I remove the OX6I expansion cards from the configuration it loads fine. RSLogix500 version: 6.00.00 Processor: 1762-L40AWA Special I/O: 1762-OX6I-- Isolated Relay Output Module—Seen as “OTHER” in I/O configuration Please review the screen shots. Any help would be appreciated. CH_LandFillErors.doc

Please give details/screenshots of the fault.

b_, Please find the attached error. I hop that this attachment, along with the previous attachment is enough to get you started. Thanks! elf_ab_error.bmp

'Out Of Memory' pretty much says what the CPU thinks. Is your program really that large that just adding the next module overflowed it? If not then I would think it's time for a chat with AB. Otherwise either trim your program or get a suystem with more memory.

Negative on the memory. . . the program is very small/tiny. As seen in the original Word document attached, only 358 instructions words are used, leaving 5338 words left. Notice that the expansion modules are special 1762-OX6I isolated relay output modules, which do not show up as available i/o modules to choose from. Therefore, I chose OTHER and set it up based on pg 11 of the 1762-in017_-en-p installation manual. Note that when I select the Read I/O Config button, it sets it up the same way; however, I receive a fault when transferring to Run mode. Any more ideas??

RSLogix 500 version 6.00 was released in February 2003, so there's a full five years of development and enhancements that have happened since then. The current release of RSLogix 500 is version 8. If you post the whole program, somebody might be able to help you. I think it's possible that there's something about the firmware of the current controller that's confusing your older compiler/editor.

Doesn't look like there was support for the 1762-OX6I until 6.10.00. Eddie's right, post your program

Eddie and TW, The attachment is a response from Rockwell Support regarding setting up the OX6I module with an older version of RSLogix500. I believe that I followed all the steps correctly, per the screen shots on my original posting. The program is also attached. Thanks for your input. RS_CaseNumber6334866.doc EAST_LANDFILL.RSS

I'm a bit confused. You have to have a support contract for technical support, so why set on using version 6? Anyway, what is the Major Fault when you switch to run mode?

TW, I am actually assisting a friend with the said issue. . . he is my hands and feet on this. He is not at a place where he can get online at the moment; HOWEVER, it appears to be an OFFLINE program issue, not just an ONLINE issue. That said, please simply attempt to "VERIFY PROJECT" on the recently attached program, to determine the error. Once the OFFLINE error is resolved, I am hopeful that the program will load and run. One thing that I believe must be changed is the Base Select type: it is currently set to Any Discrete base, rather than any AWA base. Please assist. Thanks!

I opened file with RSLogix500 ver 7.20. Verified program shows no memory errors,but still get power overload warning. After changing base/Type and size, program will verify without errors or warning. See pic Edited by Mickey

Mickey, I no longer get an error, but I do still get the warning. I thought that since there was no error that the program should load and run; however, it still faults the processor. Any other ideas on how to resolve this issue??? My colleague is under the gun and must get this application running right away. Thanks for all input.