Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
irah

Starting career in automation

4 posts in this topic

Hey...I am a new guy just got into automation...Working in maintenance so cannot experiment much u kno...I wanted to know where i can get basic sample programs for CL5000 u kno like how to get data from profibus stations, encoder data manipulation (scaling etc)... And also advanced topics ....Configuring a Woodhead SST-PFB-CLX scanner communicating with drives (SEW MOVITRAC MOVIDRIVE), WAGO IO system etc also help on these softwares - PLC analyser pro5 - Proficaptain and profitrace sample programs with comments is what i'm looking for.... n 1 more thing....whats DF1, DH+, Control Net....why so many and when to use what... ne information greatly appreciated. Thank you Edited by irah

There are numerous sample codes available for download on this site. Look at your menu bar at the top of your screen when in the forum section for the download code section.

irah, you could also find a lot of information at www.ab.com in their literature library. I would suggest you that start looking for the user manuals of the equipment you already have ( 1756-LXX..., 1756-DHRIO,CNBT,ENBT). Regards..

If you are just getting started in the automation field, I would suggest working more with the field devices. If you already have a good handle on many of the options available as field devices (prox's, limit switches, lasers, ultrasonic sensors, and above all RELAYS). Then get into the programming and the many ways to manipulate logic to get the desired results. Once you understand the basics, and some of the advanced procedures in PLCs, then move on to communications. One very important thing to understand before getting into communications is to completely understand bits, bytes, words, and double words and how they are used in the PLC. Knowing this is the backbone of PLC communications and understanding what you are doing and how to manipulate it.