Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PdL

NTST on Windows XP

11 posts in this topic

In this topic user Meirion says: Can anyone confirm this? I have been experiencing comms problems when uploading/downloading NT screens lately, e.g. download or upload almost never completes but is always interrupted for no apparant reason. Sometimes at 5%, sometimes 15%, etc. I changed laptops, double checked my cable, etc but all same results. Only thing in common is the version used is 4.6. NTST is the only software giving problems. I could swear I have used 4.6 without problems on my previous XP laptop and also for a while on my new one, but as I don't use it that often anymore it could very well be it was always giving problems on this installation. Why don't I use version 4.7? I know I can find it in the CX-One installation disc, but I installed it before and I could not upload from a NT31, it kept saying that the system version from the screen was different than the selected system version in NTST, and when I compared to the available system versions in 4.6 I discovered some are missing in 4.7. Next time I go on site I will use 4.7 to see if the problems go away but I was just curious what your opinions are.

I have Windows XP - Media Center 2005 and I use NTST 4.7E - communication goes without any problem. I haven't used NTST 4.6 - I cannot say if it works or not. Pawel

I have v4.6 on my Gateway laptop and v4.7 on my Dell laptop. I have never had a problem with either one. Both are using the 'real' serial ports too, not USB-Serial. Is v4.7 really on the CX-One CD??

I forgot to write - I use USB-serial converter (some cheap one - Prolific) with NTST 4.7 and WIN XP and it works perfect. Pawel

I use a physical RS232 port to connect. I have installed NTST 4.8 and will try again this week. If it works, 4.6 is definitely the cause of the problems.

Hi, I use NTST 4.8E together with XP and CIF31 . No issues at all. regards,

Been using V4.6 on XP for ages, with no issues. Using a generic USB-to-Serial device through a multi-way switchbox too! Andy.

I use ntst 4.8,windows xp simple chinese professional .There's never a problem as you talk about. I think you'd better check your serial port . It happened to me when i used a cheapness usb-232 converter made in taiwan...

Have you used NT ST installed on WIN7 64 bit system. Recently I changed the PC and I noticed problem with connection via USB-RS232 converter. I installed NT ST 4.8E. Let me know if someone downloaded app from WIN7 64 bit.

I was unable to get Modscan to work on Windows 7 Pro x 64 bit. Installed a dual boot system with 32 bit as well and I have to run Modscan on 32 bit only. Older software problems?

There are special reg keys created for ntst 4.8 versions on w7. I think it was even on myomron.com. Omron hq staff in holland should be able to provide you. Regards, Mpm.