Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slcman

Rate from HSC

2 posts in this topic

How I can have a rate value with M1100 HSC. I look for word like I use with 1762-HSC in compact logic series. Thanks

The following is from an AB tech note I used sometime ago, Hope it helps. Calculating a Rate value from a MicroLogix 1200 or 1500 High Speed Counter The MicroLogix 1200 and 1500 processors do not have a built in function to count a rate value on the high speed counter inputs. This example shows how to calculate a rate value by the use of an STI. For this calculation the STI must be unused for any other function. For High speed DC pulse inputs any of the 1762 or 1764 bases that support DC inputs may be used. First the STI settings need to be entered including STI ladder file number and setpoint. The setpoint will also double as the rate period for the calculation. For this example it is desired to have the final rate value be in hertz, so the setpoint has to be a minimum of 1 second and only in increments of 1 second. So the setpoint will be 1000 msec. Values other than whole second values are possible however the unit value of the rate will need to be considered when the calculation is finished. For example if the rate period was to be 0.5 Sec (500ms) do not divide the setpoint by 1000 as show in ladder file 4 but just divide the accumulated value by the setpoint with the final answer resulting in kilohertz. Input filters, for the HSC inputs may need to be adjusted to allow for high speed counts to be read.