Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Latest PLC Quiz ...

2 posts in this topic

just a quick note for those of you aren’t on my regular mailing list: the second installment of the “Email PLC Quiz” is now ready and is available for download in the “Sample Lessons” area of my website ... clicking the link under my signature (below) should get you started ... the latest edition contains questions in two categories: (1) Quiz #115 - for technicians at a “Beginner Level” ... which focuses on the differences between the “Toggle Bit” and “Force” features of RSLogix software ... (2) Quiz #215 - for technicians at a “Beyond Beginner” level ... which focuses on the differences between the “Toggle Bit” and “Force” features of RSLogix software and also covers some of the differences between the Allen-Bradley PLC 5, SLC-500, and ControlLogix platforms which are related to the use of those features ... and for those of you who missed the first installment, it’s still there too - and it also contains questions in two categories: (1) Quiz #110 - “Beginner Level” ... which uses a simple button and a valve to cover some of the basic ideas behind the PLC’s “scan cycle” ... and a few of the differences in operation between Allen Bradley’s SLC 500, PLC 5, and the newer ControlLogix processors ... (2) Quiz #210 - “Beyond Beginner” ... which explores a few of the issues involved in using the “retentive” Latch and Unlatch instructions ... and brings up some subtle differences in how Allen Bradley SLC 500, PLC 5, and ControlLogix processors react after a plant wide power-failure ... all of these are in PDF format and should be easy to download and print ... and as always, absolutely no registration or visitor information is ever required for access to my website ... and just a word or two to the “experienced” people out there ... most of the questions on the quiz are meant to be “tricky” ... I’ve talked with quite a few guys lately who’ve told me that they “didn’t even need to download the official answers” because they already knew the material .... in SEVERAL cases these guys had come up with the WRONG answers and didn’t know it ... I’d also like to say “thank you” to everyone who has contacted me and asked for future editions of the quiz – and especially those of you who have recommended your friends and bosses to be added to my email list ... based on the comments I’ve seen so far, it looks like the quizzes are meeting the goal of being: (1) entertaining, (2) thought provoking, and (3) educational ... I’ve also heard about a few “spirited” debates over my previous editions ... luckily no fist fights – but definitely some good-natured arguments ... if anyone would like to discuss any of the information in the quizzes, just contact me – I’ll be glad to answer any questions ... or feel free to open a new topic and start a discussion on the forum ... and if anyone has a suggestion for a future quiz topic, just let me know ... finally, I’d like to say a special “thank you” to my friend Mark (geniusintraining) who was not only one of the first to suggest doing an “Email PLC Quiz” – but also kept encouraging me to find the time to actually get it done ... good luck on the quiz ...

Going to be giving this a look in the next few minutes